Friday, May 31, 2013

Drawing in iWork Pages.



A few days ago I drew a picture of a blonde girl in turtleneck sweater. Here are two slightly different versions of the same picture,

In the previous post I showed the 'apple-cheek' technique.

The pictures below show how I constructed the eye with three superimposed ovals with different colour fills. Click in the colour well in Graphic Inspector to choose the colour.

Start with the largest. Insert an oval shape from the shapes drop-down menu and change its dimensions.  Then make the others.

The white 'glint' in the centre of the black pupil is the fourth shape — an edited oval. Import an oval and make it editable: Format > Shape > Make editable. Click on the red editing point and rotate the curving handle to turn the oval into a thin crescent-like shape. Do the editing in large dimensions, then reduce the finished shape in size via the Metrics Inspector. Check the 'Constrain proportions' box there.

When all the elements are in place, select them all and group: Arrange > Group.

Ovals make up the eye.
Rotate curving handle.

Group the shapes.


Read more in my new book 'iWork for Mac OSX Cookbook
Follow me on Twitter at iworkinpages  
Like my page I Work in Pages on Facebook 
and 
add me to your circles on Google+ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

© 2006-2010, 2010-2017 Alexander Anichkin, All Rights Reserved.
All content is original and was created by me, the author and publisher of I Work in Pages.
Quotations and images are attributed where applicable.
No republication without express prior permission.
Blog template by Blogger with customisation by the publisher.