Thursday, May 30, 2013

How to disable automatic lists.


Lists, numbered or bulleted, are an attractive way of organising text on a page.

But when you are finished with a list and want to get back to normal text format your Pages document may automatically format each new paragraph as a new list item.

You may also want to do a list manually by simply putting numbers or bullets at the beginning of some but not all sentences. And iWork automatically formats each paragraph into a list item.

There may me other situations when you don't want Automatic list detection.

To disable this function open Auto-Correction Preferences: Pages > Preferences > Auto-Correction Preferences. There uncheck the 'Automatically detect lists' option. iWork will stop annoying you with creating lists you don't want.


Read more in my new book 'iWork for Mac OSX Cookbook' (2012)
Follow me on Twitter at iworkinpages  
Like my page I Work in Pages on Facebook 
and add me to your circles on Google+ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

© 2006-2010, 2010-2017 Alexander Anichkin, All Rights Reserved.
All content is original and was created by me, the author and publisher of I Work in Pages.
Quotations and images are attributed where applicable.
No republication without express prior permission.
Blog template by Blogger with customisation by the publisher.