Sunday, February 19, 2012

A man and a woman: how to show gender in logos.

I was working on a logo design this morning and thinking: how can I indicate the gender in the simplest of ways. I mean, without references to the obvious differences in the attributes of sex.

This is an idea that came to me when I was just staring at the Shapes drop-down menu. For the man's head, use Rectangle. For the woman's, use the Quote Bubble.

The body shape can stay the same, but the square gives it an immediate 'masculinity' effect. Rotate the Quote Bubble's small spike to top right, it will look like a pony-tail and give the shape a 'feminine' effect.

Simple and effective!

  This is a quick draft in low resolution png format. If you want to order a similar design, please contact the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

© 2006-2010, 2010-2017 Alexander Anichkin, All Rights Reserved.
All content is original and was created by me, the author and publisher of I Work in Pages.
Quotations and images are attributed where applicable.
No republication without express prior permission.
Blog template by Blogger with customisation by the publisher.