Monday, September 12, 2011

Apollo-13: Failure Is Not An Option (think laterally)


Apollo 13 had an accident. Astronauts won't land on the Moon, it's their life that is at stake, they are running out of oxygen. NASA engineers have to construct a carbon dioxide filter using only materials available on the spacecraft.

The task seems impossible, but they accomplish it using lateral thinking – looking at the tools and materials at hand with a different eye, a can-do attitude.

I often remember that episode when I am stuck at what I'm doing in Pages. 'I can't do it!' I tell myself. Then, I remember about 'fitting a square peg in the round hole', and I tell myself: 'Can!'

And it happens.

Here is the Square Peg episode:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

© 2006-2010, 2010-2017 Alexander Anichkin, All Rights Reserved.
All content is original and was created by me, the author and publisher of I Work in Pages.
Quotations and images are attributed where applicable.
No republication without express prior permission.
Blog template by Blogger with customisation by the publisher.